Pages

Friday 22 September 2017

Manaiakalani Film festival experience

Image result for manaiakalani

During this week Room 3 got the chance to start filming our movie for the Manaiakalani Film festival. A annual event which takes place at the cinemas showing movies that have been created from all the schools around Glenn Innes and Panmure. Here is what I thought about the experience filming Room 3's movie this year movie gave. 

Something I enjoyed was seeing everyone acting humorous, changing the tones of their voice and also the different ways we all dressed. It made the movie more interesting and also made it look like we were all real actors. 

The most challenging bit was remembering our lines and also trying to keep a straight face every time the camera was really close to our faces. Sometimes it would take over 7 goes to film one scene just because we forgot our lines. We would even laugh when the camera was pointed towards our direction making it harder to concentrate.    

If i was to film again something I would do better is dress up but wear something that would suit the topic of the film. This year I think I could've done way better with dressing up in the correct clothes. I would also take time to practice way more of my lines so that when it's time to film we can just get it over and done with. 

Being in another movie I have no ideas that I think would work but overall filming this years movie was a great experience. Being a year 8 this is my last Film festival movie so something that I learnt is to make the most of the time you have in intermediate. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Yvonne,
    I like your recount about your MFF Experience in Filming! It was great to hear about what was challenging to you, what you found easy and more! Keep up the great work and Thanks for sharing!
    From Mitchell! - your friend!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.