Pages

Monday 28 August 2017

Geometry

1) draw a 2D representation of a 3D model) draw a plan for the side, front and top view of a 3D model

In today's maths class we started doing Geometry. Our task was to draw a 2D representation of a 3D rocket made out of cubes. A part of the task was to take pictures of the rocket from 3 different perspectives <Top, Front and side> views. In our groups we then grabbed our maths books and using the squares on the pages we drew our own rocket ship and what it would look like from different angles. 

Then using the cubes we made the 3D shapes that we drew on our pages.  Here is a photo of my groups work and what we did. I look forward to learning more about Geometry and keeping my blog undated with even more geometry. 


1 comment:

  1. Talofa Lava Yvonne,
    I liked how the photo showed your group working together on this project, well done! I enjoyed your explanation and can't wait to see the finished project.
    Did you know that more than 220 different rockets have been launched into space by Delta ll. I'm not sure if you do but I remember making a real rocket and shooting it up in the sky on the Pt England reserve. I think it was in either year 5 or 6.
    Do you remember that?

    Cameo

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.