Pages

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Egg Friend Race

WALT: Think about the purpose and reader by planning my recount.


Can you imagine how crazy my teacher is, Well I definitely can. First chicken flavoured worms, a walking blindfolded test and now this. An egg friend race. How crazy can my teacher get.

As the Class Six literacy group started all walking into class we all knew that something was up with Mr Goodwin he had a chingy face on and a nice sweet voice. He had told us that we were going to be doing something different as questions started floating around in the room he had told us shocking news. “Class Six you are going to be adopting and naming your very own friend I thought to myself that’s impossible we can’t be adopting a child. He gave us extra information and I finally got it we were adopting our very own egg friend. He told us that we were to take good care of our friends that would be easy, then he had told us extra shocking news I couldn’t believe him.

We had to name our egg friend Peggy, before all this we had to get into partners to look after our egg friend something else is up I thought it’s just an egg we don’t need two of us. Mr Goodwin had leaded us around the school to the park why were we going there? I had noticed that Mr Goodwin was holding a bunch of spoons in his pocket that’s when I clicked we were doing the egg race. What was horrifying about it was that we had to do our egg race at the park a race that no eggs want to be part of cracked eggs, split eggs that's an eggs worst nightmare. I could just see myself dropping my egg friend now I know why we were told to take good care of our egg friends.

We were told by our teacher the instructions and each given a spoon one partner was to stay at one end and one on the other end. Your first partner started with the spoon and had to get to the other end carefully without cracking or dropping our friend then your other partner would do the same thing on the other side. We knew what we were doing and before we knew it the race had started eggs everywhere I noticed I was taking the lead and that gave me a little more encouragement. I gave it to my partner and it was her turn. We heard a crack but kept going and the race was finally over.

The egg friend race was over and it really wasn't that bad because our egg friend Peggy was safe. We really did take care of our egg friend.

Recount Writing

1
2
3
4
Write for my reader
I've tried to think about my reader
My writing shows some awareness of reader because my writing is quite clear and I have tried to interest my reader.
My writing is easy to understand and I have tried to tell the reader what it was like to be there by giving details and my thoughts.
My writing really considers audience as reader because I have kept their interest and made them feel like they know exactly what it was like for me.
Purpose
I tried to meet the purpose
My text goes some way towards meeting the purpose
The message is clear in some parts of the recount.
My text fully meets the purpose.
The message is clear all through the recount.
Introduction
My introduction does not yet clearly orientate or hook in my reader.
My introduction gets some buy in from audience and they can understand what I am going to write about.
My introduction hooks in my reader and it is clear what I am writing about.
My introduction wows my reader!
Paragraph Topics
My paragraphs are confused and don't follow my plan.
I have tried to follow my plan.
Most my paragraphs are about 1 big idea and I have added some detail.
My paragraphs have some complex as well as simple sentences. Post paragraphs give details about 1 big idea.
I have followed the paragraph topic in my plan.
My paragraphs have complex and simple sentences. Paragraphs all give details about 1 big idea.

Our task this week was to write a recount about our egg friend race at the park. We had to write a plan and just like in a test we had to write this in 45 minutes. We had to mark ourselves on the rubric and get into partners to read and give feed back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.